POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Check this out! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Check this out! (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: nemesis
Subject: Check this out!
Date: 12 May 2012 11:25:28
Message: <4fae80e8@news.povray.org>
http://madebyevan.com/webgl-path-tracing/

hope your modern browser supports it.  It runs pretty fast, actually
even faster than something like Blender Cycles, at least if you're not
running it on GPU... you can hold middle mouse button to navigate and
rotate the scene and even select and manipulate objects.

Pov-ray had been shown a few years ago a promising real-time
visualization like that.  Any news on it?  It'd be particularly
well-suited for pov-ray since its scenes are not (usually) polygon-based
and thus difficult to visualize with the usual GL tools.

Post a reply to this message