POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Check this out! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Check this out! (Message 2 to 11 of 11)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: Check this out!
Date: 12 May 2012 12:42:55
Message: <4fae930f$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/05/2012 04:25 PM, nemesis wrote:
> http://madebyevan.com/webgl-path-tracing/

Quite frankly, this is /ridiculously/ cool...

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 12 May 2012 15:02:08
Message: <4faeb3b0$1@news.povray.org>
Le 12/05/2012 18:42, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
> On 12/05/2012 04:25 PM, nemesis wrote:
>> http://madebyevan.com/webgl-path-tracing/
>
> Quite frankly, this is /ridiculously/ cool...

a few words:
 * only one light source.
 * no concave surface. (or did I miss some ?)

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 12 May 2012 18:54:50
Message: <4faeea3a$1@news.povray.org>
Em 12/05/2012 16:02, Le_Forgeron escreveu:
> Le 12/05/2012 18:42, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
>> On 12/05/2012 04:25 PM, nemesis wrote:
>>> http://madebyevan.com/webgl-path-tracing/
>>
>> Quite frankly, this is /ridiculously/ cool...
>
> a few words:
>   * only one light source.
>   * no concave surface. (or did I miss some ?)

A few more words:
* it's a frikkin' graphical app running on a web browser!
* it displays (quite) a noise-free global illumination cornell box image
in a few seconds!  In a web browser!

Post a reply to this message

> Em 12/05/2012 16:02, Le_Forgeron escreveu:
>>>
>>> Quite frankly, this is /ridiculously/ cool...
>>
>> a few words:
>> * only one light source.
>> * no concave surface. (or did I miss some ?)
>
> A few more words:
> * it's a frikkin' graphical app running on a web browser!
> * it displays (quite) a noise-free global illumination cornell box image
> in a few seconds! In a web browser!

Yet more few words:
* "Table and Chair" doesn't render on my machine; maybe the approach
doesdn't scale well with scene complexity.

Post a reply to this message