POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Only 5 years away Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Only 5 years away (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: James Holsenback
Subject: Only 5 years away
Date: 8 May 2012 17:27:32
Message: <4fa98fc4$1@news.povray.org>
This started out when I was reading about those LED light bulbs that
could last for > 20 years ... well anyway my memory was foggy about the
year that HP Labs made the 1st commercially produced LED, BTW it was
1968. While I was at HPL website I found this:
http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/03/hp-corona/ Holy crap man
... I want one, think of the raytracing throughput on one of these puppies!

Post a reply to this message

On 08/05/2012 10:27 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
> While I was at HPL website I found this:
> http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/03/hp-corona/ Holy crap man
> ... I want one, think of the raytracing throughput on one of these puppies!

"The catch is that some of the technology needed to build Corona doesn't
exit."

Uh, yeah.

Anybody can write down a design spec for a radical new technology.
Actually *making* the real, working device is rather different...

Post a reply to this message

On 05/09/2012 04:06 AM, Invisible wrote:
> On 08/05/2012 10:27 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
>> While I was at HPL website I found this:
>> http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/03/hp-corona/ Holy crap man
>> ... I want one, think of the raytracing throughput on one of these
>> puppies!
>
> "The catch is that some of the technology needed to build Corona doesn't
> exit."

yep realize that ... my 1st thought after reading was if anyone could do
it HPL could ;-)

> Uh, yeah.
>
> Anybody can write down a design spec for a radical new technology.
> Actually *making* the real, working device is rather different...

well duh!