POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trail and error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Trail and error (Message 21 to 26 of 26)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: Trail and error
Date: 9 May 2012 18:11:41
Message: <4faaeb9d$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/2012 1:21 AM, Invisible wrote:
> "Er... false. Yes, definitely false. Although I think I may have heard
> this one before, to be fair."
>
> The exasperated GLaDDOS retorts "There IS no answer, you idiot! It's a
> paradox!!"

Ohh right, I can't believe I forgot the content of that part of the game
so quickly after playing it (which was just a few months ago).  Really
good dialogue in that game all around though!

Post a reply to this message

Ok, also, if you're interested in learning more about this, but are
philosophically attached to something like the "set of all sets" you
might find it interesting to read up on Neumann–Bernays–Gödel set theory
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Neumann%E2%80%93Bernays%E2%80%93G%C3%B6del_set_theory).

  It doesn't really 'fix' things like you might be hoping it would, but
it's an interesting approach to the matter.

Cheers!

Post a reply to this message