POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet your maker Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:14 EDT (-0400)
  Meet your maker (Message 11 to 20 of 65)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Meet your maker
Date: 11 Apr 2012 11:25:02
Message: <4f85a24e$1@news.povray.org>
>> I'm just trying to visualise the conversation though: "Yeah, we can sell

>> that wouldn't be laughable.
>
> That's exactly how it works (maybe not as extreme difference in price,
> and the company will print the packaging/label too). The supermarkets
> know that consumers want to buy expensive Kellogs cereal and cheap
> own-brand stuff, it will work out better (=more profit) for the
> supermarkets and the suppliers (Kellogs) if they supply both products,
> given how similar they are.

for the first box again??

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 11 Apr 2012 11:32:26
Message: <4f85a40a$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/04/2012 4:25 PM, Invisible wrote:

> for the first box again??

Because high cost equals quality in most peoples mind. Or, it is cheap
therefore it must be inferior.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 11 Apr 2012 11:34:13
Message: <4f85a475@news.povray.org>
On 11/04/2012 2:59 PM, Invisible wrote:

>>> Similarly, Cadbury, maker of fine chocolates, was recently bought by
>>> Kraft foods, makers of naff cheap crap. How the heck did /that/ happen??
>>
>> They offered a high enough price that was acceptable for the company,
>> much like any other trade.
>
> My question was more "how the hell can they afford that?"

The get loans for the money used to buy the company and when the company
is theirs they asset strip to pay back the loan. I believe that this is
also done with football companies.

--
Regards
     Stephen