POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Universal Turing Machines Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Universal Turing Machines (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: Darren New
Subject: Universal Turing Machines
Date: 5 Apr 2012 22:56:17
Message: <4f7e5b51$1@news.povray.org>
Here's an interesting thought:

There is no Turing machine capable of translating a Turing machine program
into an input tape for a Universal Turing Machine.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Universal Turing Machines
Date: 5 Apr 2012 23:58:15
Message: <4f7e69d7$1@news.povray.org>
Em 05/04/2012 23:56, Darren New escreveu:
> Here's an interesting thought:
>
> There is no Turing machine capable of translating a Turing machine
> program into an input tape for a Universal Turing Machine.

LOLWUT?

gotta sleep...

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 6 Apr 2012 05:12:56
Message: <4f7eb398$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/04/2012 03:56 AM, Darren New wrote:
> Here's an interesting thought:
>
> There is no Turing machine capable of translating a Turing machine
> program into an input tape for a Universal Turing Machine.

Turning machines only take tapes as input. To convert a Turning machine
into a tape, it would /already/ have to be a tape so it could be input. :-P

Post a reply to this message