POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The game Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  The game (Message 21 to 30 of 54)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: The game
Date: 5 Apr 2012 16:45:58
Message: <4f7e0486$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:08:56 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>>> OK, I lied. The /real/ problem is that I talk like a mentally retarded
>>> person... >_<
>>
>> No you don't. You may feel that but you sound normal.
>> Make a script and practice so you don't stumble.
>
> I watched a video of a gathering I attended once. Everybody else is
> "talk talk talk talk". And then I'm starting there, "taaaalking
> reeeeaaaally slooooowlyyyyy". It was infuriating to listen to. Everybody
> else managed to utter a dozen sentences in the time it took me to say
> one. Jesus, no wonder everybody I meet thinks I'm a moron!

Everybody thinks they sound weird unless they've spent time watching and/
or listening to recordings of themselves.  It has to do with the way your
voice resonates in your own bones when you talk.

I think I talk at a fairly normal speed, but most people think I tend to
talk way too fast.

Jim

Post a reply to this message