POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome Machine Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Awesome Machine (Message 11 to 20 of 25)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: Awesome Machine
Date: 5 Apr 2012 17:38:21
Message: <4f7e10cd$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/5/2012 1:40 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 15:04:43 +0200, clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>
>> Probably not made with POV-Ray, but still awesome:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCIpKAIFyo
>
> I followed the lead of the last comment and found the real thing:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCIkbr9HCcw
>
> Wow!

Totally awesome, thanks for tracking that down!

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 5 Apr 2012 20:22:27
Message: <4f7e3743$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.04.2012 14:12, schrieb Invisible:

> What makes you think it isn't POV-Ray?

Just a "gut feeling" from what they write on their website.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 5 Apr 2012 22:30:08
Message: <4f7e5530$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/3/2012 6:04, clipka wrote:
> Probably not made with POV-Ray, but still awesome:

I always thought it would be awesome fun to write the program that
calculates those visuals. Sync the animation to the music and stuff like that.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"

Post a reply to this message

Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 15:04:43 +0200, clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

> > Probably not made with POV-Ray, but still awesome:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCIpKAIFyo

> I followed the lead of the last comment and found the real thing:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCIkbr9HCcw

  Life imitates art?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On 06/04/2012 03:30 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/3/2012 6:04, clipka wrote:
>> Probably not made with POV-Ray, but still awesome:
>
> I always thought it would be awesome fun to write the program that
> calculates those visuals. Sync the animation to the music and stuff like
> that.

Not in realtime though. It needs to fire each ball a second or so
/before/ the note sounds. ;-)

Post a reply to this message