POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : From a blog by a guy who works on the C# compiler: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  From a blog by a guy who works on the C# compiler: (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Darren New
Subject: From a blog by a guy who works on the C# compiler:
Date: 10 Mar 2012 14:54:51
Message: <4f5bb18b$1@news.povray.org>
Or perhaps Visual Studio should have a Clippy-like helper: "It looks like
you have no clue what you're doing - would you like to ask on Stack Overflow?"

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ericlippert/archive/2012/03/09/why-not-automatically-infer-constraints.aspx

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> Or perhaps Visual Studio should have a Clippy-like helper: "It looks
> like you have no clue what you're doing - would you like to ask on Stack
> Overflow?"

I think Emacs has a minor-mode for that...

Post a reply to this message

Em 11/03/2012 05:31, Orchid Win7 v1 escreveu:
> On 10/03/2012 19:54, Darren New wrote:
>> Or perhaps Visual Studio should have a Clippy-like helper: "It looks
>> like you have no clue what you're doing - would you like to ask on Stack
>> Overflow?"
>
> I think Emacs has a minor-mode for that...

it's called "M-x doctor"

Post a reply to this message

> Em 11/03/2012 05:31, Orchid Win7 v1 escreveu:
>> On 10/03/2012 19:54, Darren New wrote:
>>> Or perhaps Visual Studio should have a Clippy-like helper: "It looks
>>> like you have no clue what you're doing - would you like to ask on Stack
>>> Overflow?"
>>
>> I think Emacs has a minor-mode for that...
>
> it's called "M-x doctor"

Damnit, I was actually *joking*! >_<

Trust Emacs to take the joke too far and actually /do it/...

Post a reply to this message

>>> I think Emacs has a minor-mode for that...
>>
>> it's called "M-x doctor"
>
> Damnit, I was actually *joking*! >_<
>
> Trust Emacs to take the joke too far and actually /do it/...

I trusted you would try it, but since you didn't:  it doesn't actually
do that, but can handle your stress...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

>>> it's called "M-x doctor"
>>
>> Damnit, I was actually *joking*! >_<
>>
>> Trust Emacs to take the joke too far and actually /do it/...
>
> I trusted you would try it, but since you didn't: it doesn't actually do
> that, but can handle your stress...

Yeah, I realise that. But even so, it's just like Emacs to take
everything too far like that. :-P