POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Boring movies Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Boring movies (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Warp
Subject: Boring movies
Date: 8 Mar 2012 07:05:35
Message: <4f58a08f@news.povray.org>
Is it just me, or is the average movie nowadays really boring?

  Maybe I'm misremembering, but I think that it used to be that if I wanted
to rent a movie and there was nothing "big" at the moment I hadn't seen
already, I could pick up almost any random movie and it would be at the
very least average, and usually relatively enjoyable.

  Nowadays, however, it seems that when I pick a random movie, it's just
outright boring. It doesn't matter if it has big names and known actors.
Recent examples include:

  - The Town. The cover promised a lot, but it was just outright boring.
  - Setup. Known actors, promising premise, really boring movie.
  - Son of no one. Lingering somewhere between boring and average.
  - Killer elite. Known actors, lots of action scenes, boring as hell!
  - Contagion. Known actors, interesting premise, lingering somewhere
between boring and average. At least the plot was relatively easy to
follow (unlike with many of those other ones).

  I think I'll just stick to big blockbusters, computer-animated movies
and comedies. They seldom disappoint.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message