POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Card-Game-Based Cartoons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Card-Game-Based Cartoons (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Card-Game-Based Cartoons
Date: 9 Mar 2012 16:26:13
Message: <4f5a7575$1@news.povray.org>
I've noticed that cartoons which are based on card games seem to have
certain features in common:

1.  Each game involves a player who cannot stop boasting about how badly
he is going to whup the other player because he has a certain card combo
that is supreme over all others.

1.1.  Usually this braggart loses through some horrendously obscure play
that he never saw coming, even though in real life the people who play
these games know every possible hand better than they will ever know
anything else and can predict any hand after seeing the first two or
three cards.

1.2.  Once in a while the braggart wins, but it is revealed that he is
cheating.

2.  When the in-game monsters come to life through various hands, thus
causing the game to become a real battle, each player is allowed to
spawn each monster that is available to play.  The spawning process
involves a whifty animation taking ten seconds or so.  It does not seem
to occur to any of the belligerents to have their monster attack the
other player before he can spawn his monsters.

3.  Every monster has to announce its attack form when it attacks,
thereby giving any opponent some time to think of an appropriate response.

Seriously, sometimes it seems like a little small-arms fire could bring
the whole business to a quick finish:

"And next I play the Amber Wizard, and top it off with--"

BLAM.

THUMP.

Regards,
John