POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitor sizes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Monitor sizes (Message 61 to 70 of 70)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Hardware sizes
Date: 11 Apr 2012 04:17:11
Message: <4f853e07$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/04/2012 02:05 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/10/2012 8:54, Invisible wrote:
>> How about, uh, speed?
>
> Look at cars where speed above 70MPH actually matters. Like, say, race
> cars. They've gotten much faster.

Pfft. Every time the engineers find a way to make the cars faster, the
FIA finds a way to make them go slower again. :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Monitor sizes
Date: 11 Apr 2012 04:18:01
Message: <4f853e39$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/04/2012 02:07 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/10/2012 7:55, scott wrote:
>> text was all a bit blocky or blurry depending what setting you used.
>
> 300DPI is still a bit blocky and blurry on paper.

I still think you're insane. :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 11 Apr 2012 04:24:12
Message: <4f853fac@news.povray.org>
>> text was all a bit blocky or blurry depending what setting you used.
>
> 300DPI is still a bit blocky and blurry on paper.

Another important point when discussing resolution is what the source
data is you are trying to display.  If it's vector based then you can
decide each pixel value perfectly using a simple algorithm, however if
you're trying to scale a bitmap to display (eg from a webpage or camera
data) it's very hard to make it look as good as the vector based data,
no matter what AA algorithm you use.

Post a reply to this message