POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : football: it just a business Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  football: it just a business (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: James Holsenback
Subject: football: it just a business
Date: 7 Mar 2012 14:16:54
Message: <4f57b426$1@news.povray.org>
OK ... let me qualify that. Oblong not round!

It just about broke my heart the see Joe Montana in another uniform
other than the 49ers, and it's going to be just about as bad to imagine
Peyton Manning not wearing a Colts uniform.

Now the speculation begins ... where will he wind up? The odds on
favorite seems to be Miami Dolphins.

Any other thoughts y'all?

Post a reply to this message

On 07/03/2012 7:17 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
> OK ... let me qualify that. Oblong not round!

The round type is having its problems too.
Glasgow Rangers are going into administration after some dodgy dealings
by its former owner. Ulysses S. Grant was the president of the USA but
he was not at their first game in 1872.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> OK ... let me qualify that. Oblong not round!
>
> It just about broke my heart the see Joe Montana in another uniform
> other than the 49ers, and it's going to be just about as bad to imagine
> Peyton Manning not wearing a Colts uniform.
>
> Now the speculation begins ... where will he wind up? The odds on
> favorite seems to be Miami Dolphins.
>
> Any other thoughts y'all?

Joe Montana still plays football?!  I remember Joe Montana Football on
Sega Genesis!... :p

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

>> OK ... let me qualify that. Oblong not round!
>>
>> It just about broke my heart the see Joe Montana in another uniform
>> other than the 49ers, and it's going to be just about as bad to
>> imagine Peyton Manning not wearing a Colts uniform.
>>
>> Now the speculation begins ... where will he wind up? The odds on
>> favorite seems to be Miami Dolphins.
>>
>> Any other thoughts y'all?
>
> Joe Montana still plays football?! I remember Joe Montana Football on
> Sega Genesis!... :p

Not hardly ... was framing today's announcement that the Colts released
Manning. Joe was inducted in the hall of fame in 2000. I've never seen
two players with such a grasp on the game. It's just a shame that BOTH
these players revived their teams only to be cast away when business
dictated it. btw: season ticket holder during the glory day's ... man
that old stadium (candlestick) ... the crimson and gold. I still get
goose bumps just thinking about it.