POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : fractals on HTML5 canvas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  fractals on HTML5 canvas (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: nemesis
Subject: fractals on HTML5 canvas
Date: 2 Mar 2012 14:12:50
Message: <4f511bb2$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.fragsworth.com/fractals/?x_func_R=x*x-y*y%2BseedX&y_func_R=3.0*x*y%2BseedY&x_func_G=x*x-y*y%2B2%2BseedX&y_func_G=2.0*x*y%2BseedY&x_func_B=x*x-y*y%2BseedX&y_func_B=2.0*x*y%2BseedY

seen on reddit...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: fractals on HTML5 canvas
Date: 3 Mar 2012 04:20:19
Message: <4f51e253@news.povray.org>
That's pretty sick, right there. I'm ancient enough to remember a time
when drawing the Mandelbrot set at 320x240 used to take /several
minutes/. And now you can apparently do this in realtime using an
unoptimised scripting language...

Post a reply to this message

> That's pretty sick, right there. I'm ancient enough to remember a time
> when drawing the Mandelbrot set at 320x240 used to take /several
> minutes/. And now you can apparently do this in realtime using an
> unoptimised scripting language...

  That's a quite long time ago. Even in the era of 486's you could
draw a 320x240 Mandelbrot or Julia set in almost real-time. (Of course
not with any scripting language.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> That's pretty sick, right there. I'm ancient enough to remember a time
>> when drawing the Mandelbrot set at 320x240 used to take /several
>> minutes/. And now you can apparently do this in realtime using an
>> unoptimised scripting language...
>
>    That's a quite long time ago. Even in the era of 486's you could
> draw a 320x240 Mandelbrot or Julia set in almost real-time. (Of course
> not with any scripting language.)

80486? Some of us remember the Z80 and the 6502. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> >    That's a quite long time ago. Even in the era of 486's you could
> > draw a 320x240 Mandelbrot or Julia set in almost real-time. (Of course
> > not with any scripting language.)

> 80486? Some of us remember the Z80 and the 6502. ;-)

  My first computer (if you can call it that) was a ZX Spectrum 128.
That was quite a long time ago.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> 80486? Some of us remember the Z80 and the 6502. ;-)
>
>    My first computer (if you can call it that) was a ZX Spectrum 128.

Mine was also a ZX Spectrum, although I'm not sure precisely which one.
Probably the 16K version.

> That was quite a long time ago.

Thanks. /Now/ I feel old... >_<

Post a reply to this message