POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some tense excitement Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:57 EDT (-0400)
  Some tense excitement (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: James Holsenback
Subject: Some tense excitement
Date: 2 Mar 2012 18:34:45
Message: <4f515915$1@news.povray.org>
Well I guess it was a good thing I had cleaned out the storm shelter
(hardened room in the basement) two weeks ago ... We just spent about a
half as a several super-cells passed. Tennis ball sized hail reported in
neighboring county, and reports of funnel clouds/tornadoes less than 20
miles from us. My first tornado so it was a little tense there for a
bit, but we got lucky with this one. From what I understand Louisville
got nailed. Global warming ... it's a fact!

Post a reply to this message

Em 02/03/2012 20:35, James Holsenback escreveu:
> Well I guess it was a good thing I had cleaned out the storm shelter
> (hardened room in the basement) two weeks ago ... We just spent about a
> half as a several super-cells passed. Tennis ball sized hail reported in
> neighboring county, and reports of funnel clouds/tornadoes less than 20
> miles from us. My first tornado so it was a little tense there for a
> bit, but we got lucky with this one. From what I understand Louisville
> got nailed. Global warming ... it's a fact!

I'm glad at least Brazil got no tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes or
subzero temperatures.

Post a reply to this message

> Em 02/03/2012 20:35, James Holsenback escreveu:
>> Well I guess it was a good thing I had cleaned out the storm shelter
>> (hardened room in the basement) two weeks ago ... We just spent about a
>> half as a several super-cells passed. Tennis ball sized hail reported in
>> neighboring county, and reports of funnel clouds/tornadoes less than 20
>> miles from us. My first tornado so it was a little tense there for a
>> bit, but we got lucky with this one. From what I understand Louisville
>> got nailed. Global warming ... it's a fact!
>
> I'm glad at least Brazil got no tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes or
> subzero temperatures.

have no less that 5 active faults crossing the city.
Then, they are mostly of magnitude <2, making them to weak to be felt.

have both in a year.

Post a reply to this message