POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's quest Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Today's quest (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Today's quest
Date: 1 Mar 2012 15:40:49
Message: <4f4fded1$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 20:13:01 +0000, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> I think "explains" would be exaggerating a bit... More like "vaguely
> hints at what the necessary commands might perhaps be".

Well, the documentation does explain how the thing works - it doesn't
make sense (and no documentation ever does) to duplicate information for
every specific task being described.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 2 Mar 2012 00:57:36
Message: <4f506150$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/29/2012 0:58, Invisible wrote:
> Any specific reason?

I've occasionally done this, and it screws up the chip to the point where
it's no longer recognized as anything when you plug it in. Perhaps I was
using something that actually overwrote the control information, tho, and
perhaps the Linux block devices start the writing after that point. I'm not
sure why.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)