POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Succumbing to the rigors of modern society Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Succumbing to the rigors of modern society (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Succumbing to the rigors of modern society
Date: 21 Feb 2012 17:11:35
Message: <4f441697@news.povray.org>
I caved into peer pressure and got a twitter account.  Primarily plan to
use it for status updates on my adventures in MUD programming...

TCookTwit

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Succumbing to the rigors of modern society
Date: 21 Feb 2012 21:59:01
Message: <4f4459f5$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.02.2012 23:11, schrieb Tim Cook:
> I caved into peer pressure and got a twitter account. Primarily plan to
> use it for status updates on my adventures in MUD programming...
>
> TCookTwit

Not the wisest choice for an account name, if you ask me. >_<

Post a reply to this message

>> I caved into peer pressure and got a twitter account. Primarily plan to
>> use it for status updates on my adventures in MUD programming...
>>
>> TCookTwit
>
> Not the wisest choice for an account name, if you ask me. >_<

*shrugs*  Eh, I'm not likely to use it much anyways; I post to Facebook
less than once a month, and so forth.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com
http://www.lifemax.net/TimCook

Post a reply to this message

>>> I caved into peer pressure and got a twitter account. Primarily plan to
>>> use it for status updates on my adventures in MUD programming...
>>>
>>> TCookTwit
>>
>> Not the wisest choice for an account name, if you ask me. >_<
>
> *shrugs* Eh, I'm not likely to use it much anyways; I post to Facebook
> less than once a month, and so forth.

I think that it is a great name. If I could work up any enthusiasm for
social networking at all, I would go by Stephen_Twit but then others
might think that I were that other twit Stephen, Fry.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 22 Feb 2012 16:26:54
Message: <4f455d9e$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/02/2012 22:11, Tim Cook wrote:
> I caved into peer pressure and got a twitter account.

Heh, that's funny. Do you realise, in computer networking, a "peer" is
also something completely different?