POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is relevant to my interests Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  This is relevant to my interests (Message 21 to 23 of 23)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: This is relevant to my interests
Date: 14 Feb 2012 15:02:04
Message: <4f3abdbc$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/02/2012 6:14 PM, andrel wrote:
> On 14-2-2012 15:26, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>
>> Well, clearly roses don't grow in a desert, so my information cannot be
>> correct. I was merely expressing surprise at that.
>>
>> The equator is the hottest place on Earth.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Kilimanjaro

For completeness
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremes_on_Earth#Coldest_and_hottest_inhabited_places_on_Earth

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 14 Feb 2012 15:13:03
Message: <4F3AC050.7000403@gmail.com>
On 14-2-2012 21:02, Stephen wrote:
> On 14/02/2012 6:14 PM, andrel wrote:
>> On 14-2-2012 15:26, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>
>>> Well, clearly roses don't grow in a desert, so my information cannot be
>>> correct. I was merely expressing surprise at that.
>>>
>>> The equator is the hottest place on Earth.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Kilimanjaro
>>

> For completeness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremes_on_Earth#Coldest_and_hottest_inhabited_places_on_Earth

The point was that the Kilimanjaro is almost on the equator but still
has snow on top. but I guess you got that.
Indeed your link is another reason why hottest is not the right word here.

--
tip: do not run in an unknown place when it is too dark to see the
floor, unless you prefer to not use uppercase.

Post a reply to this message

> The point was that the Kilimanjaro is almost on the equator but still
> has snow on top. but I guess you got that.

I did indeed.

> Indeed your link is another reason why hottest is not the right word here.

True, maybe Andrew would like to plot the results here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weather_records#Highest_temperature_ever_recorded

--
Regards
     Stephen