POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Low amusement threshold Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Low amusement threshold (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Invisible
Subject: Low amusement threshold
Date: 14 Dec 2011 08:24:58
Message: <4ee8a3aa$1@news.povray.org>
Apparently I am easily amused...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenopus

Good luck figuring out what you're going to see /before/ you click on
that. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Subject: Re: Low amusement threshold
Date: 15 Dec 2011 12:06:38
Message: <4EEA2913.2040202@gmail.com>
On 14-12-2011 14:24, Invisible wrote:
> Apparently I am easily amused...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenopus
>
> Good luck figuring out what you're going to see /before/ you click on
> that. ;-)

i was expecting frogs, and guess what: it was frogs.

two reasons why i might know:
1) in a game of stringing animals together it is the only answer to
'lynx', which is in itself, afaik, it's only precursor
2) i did a bit of developmental biology. also one of my coworkers is
specialized in reptiles and amphibians, i think he might have a few
hearts of these animals.

--
tip: do not run in an unknown place when it is too dark to see the floor.

Post a reply to this message

>> Good luck figuring out what you're going to see /before/ you click on
>> that. ;-)
>
> i was expecting frogs, and guess what: it was frogs.

I guess it's because I didn't study classical languages. To me, Xeno-pus
sounds like some kind of superhero or something... ;-)