POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Map Projections Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Map Projections (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Map Projections
Date: 12 Dec 2011 23:30:01
Message: <web.4ee6d1d976a9b3b085de7b680@news.povray.org>
I ran across this while trying to relearn how to plot star charts:

   http://xkcd.com/977/

Conspicuously absent are any projections with south up. Come on, Aussies and
Uruguayans, rise up!

Post a reply to this message

From: Paul Fuller
Subject: Re: Map Projections
Date: 12 Dec 2011 23:59:30
Message: <4ee6dbb2@news.povray.org>
On 13/12/2011 3:17 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> I ran across this while trying to relearn how to plot star charts:
>
>     http://xkcd.com/977/
>
> Conspicuously absent are any projections with south up. Come on, Aussies and
> Uruguayans, rise up!

We in the anitpodes simply run our browsers with :picv -1 and everything
looks fine.  I'm not sure where the option is in the GUI since Firefox 8.

Post a reply to this message

Cousin Ricky <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> Conspicuously absent are any projections with south up.

  That's not a projection type.

--
                                                          - Warp