POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's Zazzle time Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  It's Zazzle time (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Invisible
Subject: It's Zazzle time
Date: 6 Dec 2011 05:14:34
Message: <4eddeb0a@news.povray.org>
Ah, Zazzle. I had forgotten quite how obtuse you are...

I have a fractal calendar. I've wasted about an hour trying to find it
on my store page or my products page; Zazzle refuses to acknowledge that
it exists. But using Google, I was able to find it. It still exists, and
Zazzle will still show it to me. It just doesn't show up in any of the
product lists that either I or the customers see. WTF?

I managed to update the calendar to next year's dates, and republish it.
Except that it doesn't show up. Zazzle claims it can take "up to 24
hours" for the product to appear. Again, WTF?

I recently ordered some stuff from Zazzle. In the past, you used to be
able to use money you've earned to pay for your purchases. But the
option no longer appears anywhere in the order process. Which is
interesting... I figured I obviously don't have any funds available.
However, I just looked, and it seems that in the 4 years (!) since I
last touched the site, I've somehow earned $150. That's quite a lot of
money for doing nothing, eh?

So why can't I use that to pay for my purchase? Oh, I see... I earned
all of that money through zazzle.com, and I was trying to purchase
through zazzle.co.uk, so the funds are inapplicable. Yet again, WTF?

It seems if I want to /use/ all this money that's rightfully mine, I
have to ask Zazzle to send me a cheque in the mail, pay that into my
bank, and then pay it back out of my bank to buy stuff from Zazzle. How
absurd...

On the other hand, having my fractal calendar on my office wall has
apparently just earned me a sale. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> It seems if I want to /use/ all this money that's rightfully mine, I
> have to ask Zazzle to send me a cheque in the mail, pay that into my
> bank, and then pay it back out of my bank to buy stuff from Zazzle. How
> absurd...

What about using PayPal (I use it, not that I've made enough on Zazzle to even
let me get a pay out, but still...)?

Joost

Post a reply to this message

>> It seems if I want to /use/ all this money that's rightfully mine, I
>> have to ask Zazzle to send me a cheque in the mail, pay that into my
>> bank, and then pay it back out of my bank to buy stuff from Zazzle. How
>> absurd...
>
> What about using PayPal (I use it, not that I've made enough on Zazzle to even
> let me get a pay out, but still...)?

Yeah, I suppose I could try that. (If I can figure out how to make it
secure...)

Post a reply to this message