POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Warp, what is the weather like? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Warp, what is the weather like? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Stephen
Subject: Warp, what is the weather like?
Date: 2 Dec 2011 04:12:00
Message: <4ed89660$1@news.povray.org>

will need to take in the way of clothing. I know that you are Finnish
and Norway is a different country but you will have a better idea than
anyone else that I know.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Re: Warp, what is the weather like?
Date: 2 Dec 2011 06:29:11
Message: <4ed8b687@news.povray.org>

http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Oslo/Oslo/Oslo/

http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Oslo/Oslo/Oslo_%28Blindern%29_observation_site/statistics.html

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 2 Dec 2011 07:42:55
Message: <4ed8c7cf$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/12/2011 11:29 AM, Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Oslo/Oslo/Oslo/

http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Oslo/Oslo/Oslo_%28Blindern%29_observation_site/statistics.html

Thanks Tor, I better pack an extra pair of socks.

I had better do some more research before the week after next.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I’ve just got a 3 to 4 month contract in Oslo and was wondering what I
> will need to take in the way of clothing. I know that you are Finnish
> and Norway is a different country but you will have a better idea than
> anyone else that I know.

  Oslo is significantly closer to the Atlantic Ocean than Finland, so I have
no idea how it affects the climate.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>    Oslo is significantly closer to the Atlantic Ocean than Finland, so I have
> no idea how it affects the climate.

Fair enough, thanks for the reply.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Thanks Tor, I better pack an extra pair of socks.
>
> I had better do some more research before the week after next.

From memory of Stockholm, you do not want an extra pair of socks.
You want warm non-slippery boots. Not shoes.
And a pair of casual footwear for indoor in your handbag / backpack.

And a pair or two of warm gloves (two pairs: allow one to dry at home...)

Post a reply to this message

>> will need to take in the way of clothing. I know that you are Finnish
>> and Norway is a different country but you will have a better idea than
>> anyone else that I know.
>>

> http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Oslo/Oslo/Oslo/

http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Oslo/Oslo/Oslo_%28Blindern%29_observation_site/statistics.html

So, if I go there, I won't need to get any new winter coat, boots nor
underweares. It also looks like the summers are also somewhat cooler.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

>> I’ve just got a 3 to 4 month contract in Oslo and was wondering what I
>> will need to take in the way of clothing. I know that you are Finnish
>> and Norway is a different country but you will have a better idea than
>> anyone else that I know.
>
>    Oslo is significantly closer to the Atlantic Ocean than Finland, so I have
> no idea how it affects the climate.

It tend to reduce the difference in temperature during the year.

Post a reply to this message

> On 02/12/2011 11:29 AM, Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
>>>

>> http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Oslo/Oslo/Oslo/

http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Oslo/Oslo/Oslo_%28Blindern%29_observation_site/statistics.html

> Thanks Tor, I better pack an extra pair of socks.
>
> I had better do some more research before the week after next.

Welcome to Norway Stephen.

Here are a couple of useful links:

Yellow Pages:
http://www.gulesider.no
Firma = Companies
Personer = Persons
Kart = Maps (Several useful map types)

http://norway.no

http://decentius.hit.uib.no/lexin.html?ui-lang=eng&dict=nbo&search=&checked-languages=E&checked-languages=N

http://translate.google.com/#en|no|
(You probably already knew about this one.)

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message