POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Best Wikipedia image of the day Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Best Wikipedia image of the day (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Invisible
Subject: Best Wikipedia image of the day
Date: 9 Nov 2011 11:57:22
Message: <4ebab0f2$1@news.povray.org>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Liveaudioequip.jpg

Come to my cave...

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Best Wikipedia image of the day
Date: 29 Nov 2011 04:52:19
Message: <4ed4ab53$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/11/2011 04:57 PM, Invisible wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Liveaudioequip.jpg
>
> Come to my cave...

I can't help wondering what the hell you need this much equipment for?

Post a reply to this message

From: Francois Labreque
Date: 29 Nov 2011 08:28:51
Message: <4ed4de13$1@news.povray.org>

> On 09/11/2011 04:57 PM, Invisible wrote:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Liveaudioequip.jpg
>>
>> Come to my cave...
>
> I can't help wondering what the hell you need this much equipment for?

Because you're a professional band playing concerts in large halls and
need to sound good?  Most venues will have at least a 24 track sound
board, I don't see what's so special about that.

Since I know you're a keyboard player, do a google image search on Keith
Emerson some time, you'll either have an orgasm, or a heart attack.

From: Invisible
Date: 29 Nov 2011 09:06:22
Message: <4ed4e6de@news.povray.org>
>> I can't help wondering what the hell you need this much equipment for?
>>
> Because you're a professional band playing concerts in large halls and
> need to sound good?

IME, live music usually sounds fairly awful. I guess it's just very
difficult to fill a very large space with sound and not have it drowned
in echo.

> Most venues will have at least a 24 track sound
> board, I don't see what's so special about that.

OK. So that explains why one panel is a big mixing deck. Now what the
heck are the 4 other racks of equipment?

> Since I know you're a keyboard player, do a google image search on Keith
> Emerson some time, you'll either have an orgasm, or a heart attack.

Hehe, my dad has a DVD of that guy sticking knife blades in a tortured
old organ. Poor thing...