POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My brain is infected Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  My brain is infected (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Darren New
Subject: My brain is infected
Date: 21 Nov 2011 21:35:45
Message: <4ecb0a81$1@news.povray.org>
Linux laptop at work died. (Or rather, the TPM died.) So since I can't
program on the laptop anyway, I got a replacement macbook (pro?). Very nice
chunk of hardware (altho surprisingly heavy for its size).

However, I find I'm already trying to click on my home Wintel machine by
pushing harder on the mouse pad, instead of lifting my finger to tap or
moving to the separate buttons.

Lack of personalizations like pointer trails, text size adjustments, etc is
rather annoying, tho. And I literally LOLed when I went to the color picker
for the desktop and it said "Would you like blue, or grey? Because that's
your choices."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

On 22/11/2011 02:35 AM, Darren New wrote:

> Lack of personalizations like pointer trails, text size adjustments, etc
> is rather annoying, tho. And I literally LOLed when I went to the color
> picker for the desktop and it said "Would you like blue, or grey?
> Because that's your choices."

...so it really *is* exactly like with MS products? (Except that,
presumably, it actually works?)

Post a reply to this message

> On 22/11/2011 02:35 AM, Darren New wrote:
>
>> Lack of personalizations like pointer trails, text size adjustments, etc
>> is rather annoying, tho. And I literally LOLed when I went to the color
>> picker for the desktop and it said "Would you like blue, or grey?
>> Because that's your choices."
>
> ...so it really *is* exactly like with MS products? (Except that,
> presumably, it actually works?)

Um, no. It seems much less personalizable out of the box. That *might* be
google locking things down, but given there's a whole bunch of apps to add
pointer trails (when I looked up how to turn that on), I'm thinking it's
just not built in.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)