POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some music Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:45 EDT (-0400)
  Some music (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Warp
Subject: Some music
Date: 13 Nov 2011 07:24:48
Message: <4ebfb70f@news.povray.org>
Here's some music I made many years ago using a midi sequencer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2i2wZRut9w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ptJWD4r-5M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyoEN7ti_t8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWE7wscSm0Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPlp3Nfjok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmscSN5qBSM

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Some music
Date: 13 Nov 2011 16:39:30
Message: <4ec03912$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/11/2011 12:24 PM, Warp wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2i2wZRut9w

That's really damned nice.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ptJWD4r-5M

I think I like the first one better - although the addition of
percussion was very effective.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyoEN7ti_t8

Also good, although it kept sounding like it was building up to a climax
that never really arrived.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWE7wscSm0Q

It has some very nice tones, although I would have prefered more
variation in harmony. (Then again, it's still better than anything I've
ever produced in my life, so...)

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPlp3Nfjok

That is very, very smooth. Really atmospheric too. And with the little
background details, this one almost sounds professional-quality.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmscSN5qBSM

Really, very nice. I am impressed.

In summary, I like some more than others, but basically every single one
of them is better than anything I have ever produced in my entire life.
(So... I guess the thousands of pounds worth of music hardware and
software I own was TOTALLY WORTH IT then. :-P Sadly, talent isn't
something you can just go out and buy in some shop somewhere...)

I'm surprised you managed to get such impressive sound quality from a
MIDI file. Usually that means using the default software renderer, which
(depending on which version of Windows you have) sounds abysmal. I've
heard toy pianos that sound better than that thing!

Also, I fear YouTube has probably chewed up the sound somewhat. The
tracks did all sound a little muffled, and a bit crunchy in places. But
such is life...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/