POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What's in a name? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  What's in a name? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Invisible
Subject: What's in a name?
Date: 21 Oct 2011 10:22:36
Message: <4ea1802c@news.povray.org>
We have a new guy starting on Monday. His name is Mr Wildgoose.

Now that's pretty bad already. But as it turns out, one of our systems
can't handle such long names, so it get truncated to Mr Wildgoo. Which
is just hilarious!

Post a reply to this message

> But as it turns out, one of our systems can't handle such long names

  That's the real wtf.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> But as it turns out, one of our systems can't handle such long names
>
>    That's the real wtf.

Well, yes it is. I blame NetBIOS...

Post a reply to this message

> We have a new guy starting on Monday. His name is Mr Wildgoose.

His previous job was working for a bank called Chase.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

On 10/21/2011 12:44 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 10/21/2011 7:22, Invisible wrote:
>> We have a new guy starting on Monday. His name is Mr Wildgoose.
>
> His previous job was working for a bank called Chase.

Badum tshhh

--
~Mike