POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hire car Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:48 EDT (-0400)
  Hire car (Message 13 to 22 of 42)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Hire car
Date: 31 Oct 2011 09:38:20
Message: <4eaea4cc$1@news.povray.org>
On 31/10/2011 01:08 PM, Warp wrote:

>    So you would decrease safety in order to make yourself not look like a
> hipster? Makes sense how?

Decrease my safety by 0.00000024%?

Yeah, I think I can live with that.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 31 Oct 2011 09:51:29
Message: <4eaea7e1@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> On 31/10/2011 01:08 PM, Warp wrote:

> >    So you would decrease safety in order to make yourself not look like a
> > hipster? Makes sense how?

> Decrease my safety by 0.00000024%?

  Do you honestly think that in many countries headlights must be always on
while driving because it increases safety by 0.00000024%?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 31 Oct 2011 10:12:08
Message: <4eaeacb8$1@news.povray.org>
>> Decrease my safety by 0.00000024%?
>
>    Do you honestly think that in many countries headlights must be always on
> while driving because it increases safety by 0.00000024%?

Yes.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 31 Oct 2011 12:45:16
Message: <4eaed09c$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:51:23 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Generally the only people who drive around in daylight with their
> headlights on are people with expensive cars who turn their lights on to
> let you know that they're important and you should get out of their way.
> In other words, arrogant morons with lots of money. Obviously, nobody
> wants to be mistaken for those guys...

Um, no, at least here in the US, cars manufactured in the last 10 years
or so have headlights that automatically come on when you start the
engine.

Jim

Post a reply to this message