POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What a face Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  What a face (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: What a face
Date: 29 Sep 2011 16:49:15
Message: <4e84d9cb$1@news.povray.org>
http://memebase.com/2011/09/29/memes-very-demotivational-what-a-joker/

Sorry... it seemed somehow apt.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: What a face
Date: 30 Sep 2011 12:35:13
Message: <4e85efc1$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/29/2011 13:49, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Sorry... it seemed somehow apt.

That can happen when you push your face through a windshield at high speed.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Sep 2011 13:16:34
Message: <4e85f972$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 09:35:12 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> On 9/29/2011 13:49, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Sorry... it seemed somehow apt.
>
> That can happen when you push your face through a windshield at high
> speed.

That and not having set makeup applied.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 1 Oct 2011 04:21:11
Message: <4e86cd77$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Sorry... it seemed somehow apt.
>>
>> That can happen when you push your face through a windshield at high
>> speed.
>
> That and not having set makeup applied.

Or maybe just, I don't know, BEING REALLY OLD?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Oct 2011 06:06:52
Message: <4e86e63c@news.povray.org>
On 01/10/2011 9:21 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Or maybe just, I don't know, BEING REALLY OLD?

*Oi!*

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Oct 2011 13:00:17
Message: <4e874721@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 09:21:13 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> That can happen when you push your face through a windshield at high
>>> speed.
>>
>> That and not having set makeup applied.
>
> Or maybe just, I don't know, BEING REALLY OLD?

Certainly, that's a factor as well.  He is in his 60's now (or nearly so).

However, he did manage to (between Empire and Jedi) be involved in a bad
car accident that scarred his face, and regardless of age, the makeup
that is typically applied before going 'on set' tends to be pretty
amazing.

I recently saw a current photo of Glenn Close at some event, and the
difference between her off-screen look and her on-screen look was quite
amazing.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> However, he did manage to (between Empire and Jedi) be involved in a bad
> car accident that scarred his face,

Actually, that was inbetween ANH and TESB, which is (one of the reasons)
why they included the wampa-attack in TESB.

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 10:53:18 +0200, Zeger Knaepen wrote:

>> However, he did manage to (between Empire and Jedi) be involved in a
>> bad car accident that scarred his face,
>
> Actually, that was inbetween ANH and TESB, which is (one of the reasons)
> why they included the wampa-attack in TESB.

Oh, right, I don't know how I got that wrong. :)

Jim