POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is this the end of the world as we know it? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Is this the end of the world as we know it? (Message 91 to 100 of 545)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Is this the end of the world as we know it?
Date: 6 Oct 2011 18:32:19
Message: <4e8e2c73@news.povray.org>
On 06/10/2011 11:23 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 19:56:26 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> On 06/10/2011 7:48 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> There is. And when the BIOS runs, numlock is on. Once the Linux kernel
>>> finishes loading, it turns off. (And if you press the key to turn it
>>> back on, it stays on until you log into something...)
>>
>> Another reason to give Linux a miss.
>
> <shrug>   Works just fine for 99% of the users I've talked to.  And I've
> talked to a lot of Linux users. :)

Ye’r not biased by any chance?

Actually I can’t be bothered to learn another OS and like Andrew I’ve
got lots of s/ware that works on Windoze.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 6 Oct 2011 18:34:14
Message: <4e8e2ce6$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/10/2011 3:58 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I blame the education system. I don’t know what for but something is to
>> >  blame.
> Technology.  Why should one have to figure out how to do sums when
> everyone has a phone with a calculator built into it?

Basics?

And you don't want to look like a tosser walking around a supermarket
with a calculator. Keep a running total in your head.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message