POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Java Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Java (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Darren New
Subject: Java
Date: 22 Sep 2011 13:56:35
Message: <4e7b76d3$1@news.povray.org>
I will say, I'm only back into Java for a week, and even in spite of Java
generics and inner classes and all that, I'm already much more appreciative
of how much crap MS fixed in C#. :-)  Stuff that's taking me 4 or 5 lines,
with the types repeated three times each, is a one-liner in C#, even without
LINQ.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?

Post a reply to this message

> I will say, I'm only back into Java for a week, and even in spite of
> Java generics and inner classes and all that, I'm already much more
> appreciative of how much crap MS fixed in C#. :-)  Stuff that's taking
> me 4 or 5 lines, with the types repeated three times each, is a
> one-liner in C#, even without LINQ.

yeah, I like it how MS took ideas from Python and Haskell too.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

On 22/09/2011 06:56 PM, Darren New wrote:
> I will say, I'm only back into Java for a week, and even in spite of
> Java generics and inner classes and all that, I'm already much more
> appreciative of how much crap MS fixed in C#. :-) Stuff that's taking me
> 4 or 5 lines, with the types repeated three times each, is a one-liner
> in C#, even without LINQ.

Now you know why I dislike using languages which aren't Haskell...

Post a reply to this message