POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quoth the raven, "nevermore". Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Quoth the raven, "nevermore". (Message 21 to 30 of 48)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Quoth the raven, "nevermore".
Date: 22 Sep 2011 11:37:58
Message: <4e7b5656$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/21/2011 14:13, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> to be a fairly random collection of sentences that collectively don't seem
> to /mean/ anything...

A man's wife, Lenore, had recently passed away. Now he's contemplating
suicide.  Now read the poem again.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 22 Sep 2011 13:30:59
Message: <4e7b70d3$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/09/2011 04:37 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 9/21/2011 14:13, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> to be a fairly random collection of sentences that collectively don't
>> seem to /mean/ anything...
>
> A man's wife, Lenore, had recently passed away. Now he's contemplating
> suicide. Now read the poem again.

Oh, wait, "lenore" is a name??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: nemesis
Date: 22 Sep 2011 13:52:09
Message: <4e7b75c9$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 escreveu:
> On 22/09/2011 04:37 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 9/21/2011 14:13, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> to be a fairly random collection of sentences that collectively don't
>>> seem to /mean/ anything...
>>
>> A man's wife, Lenore, had recently passed away. Now he's contemplating
>> suicide. Now read the poem again.
>
> Oh, wait, "lenore" is a name??

oh god...

Try harder Andrew.  Poems are not that different from computer programs
written in a natural language.  There's structure, metric, rules and,
thanks to a rich ambiguous natural language, much margin for
interpretation.  It's fun and enjoyable...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message