POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quoth the raven, "nevermore". Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Quoth the raven, "nevermore". (Message 11 to 20 of 48)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Quoth the raven, "nevermore".
Date: 21 Sep 2011 16:51:07
Message: <4e7a4e3b@news.povray.org>
> If animals are still alive, hunting would be an alternative. Game will
> soon be abundant if you're not picky and don't mind eating rodents or dogs.

I'm thinking... entire cities full of dead meat are going to attract a
lot of wildlife? I'm not sure which kinds - presumably birds, foxes, and
stray pets like cats and dogs. I suppose maybe rats too.

> But never mind that - chances are you won't need food for long anyway;
> tinned food lasts a few years, and by then the environmental
> catastrophes resulting from unattended chemical, petrochemical, nuclear
> and what-have-you plants might be spoiling all the fun already.

Yeah, I'm wondering exactly how long an unattented power plant,
telephone exchange or water plant will continue functioning... Somebody
somewhere probably has data for this.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/