POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Greensleeves Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Greensleeves (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Warp
Subject: Greensleeves
Date: 16 Sep 2011 15:29:17
Message: <4e73a38d@news.povray.org>
I recently noticed that I have been using the wrong chords for this song
for years. I had to change my guitar arrangement to use the proper chords.
Here's the result:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWZDdGntb3A

  It certainly has a distinctly more medieval sound to it now.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>    I recently noticed that I have been using the wrong chords for this song
> for years. I had to change my guitar arrangement to use the proper chords.
> Here's the result:
>
>      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWZDdGntb3A
>
>    It certainly has a distinctly more medieval sound to it now.

Yes, very good. It sounds much more Elizabethan now. Maybe with a more
distinct beat as in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVWhxoIkHtY

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>    I recently noticed that I have been using the wrong chords for this song
> for years. I had to change my guitar arrangement to use the proper chords.
> Here's the result:
>
>      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWZDdGntb3A
>
>    It certainly has a distinctly more medieval sound to it now.

Sounds pretty good!  How did you come to realize that you were using the
wrong chords?

Post a reply to this message

Kevin Wampler <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu> wrote:
> How did you come to realize that you were using the
> wrong chords?

  By watching others play it.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Kevin Wampler<wam### [at] uwashingtonedu>  wrote:
>> How did you come to realize that you were using the
>> wrong chords?
>
>    By watching others play it.

Nitpick: Do you mean listening, or do you actually mean *watching*?

Post a reply to this message

> > Kevin Wampler<wam### [at] uwashingtonedu>  wrote:
> >> How did you come to realize that you were using the
> >> wrong chords?
> >
> >    By watching others play it.

> Nitpick: Do you mean listening, or do you actually mean *watching*?

  Videos are usually watched. Listening is part of it.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>>>     By watching others play it.
>
>> Nitpick: Do you mean listening, or do you actually mean *watching*?
>
>    Videos are usually watched. Listening is part of it.

What I was really enquiring about was whether you noticed that it
sounded wrong, or you visually saw that they were playing a different
set of chords.

(I wonder how many popular tunes I play completely wrong? I'm guessing
it's a large number...)

Post a reply to this message

> >> Nitpick: Do you mean listening, or do you actually mean *watching*?
> >
> >    Videos are usually watched. Listening is part of it.

> What I was really enquiring about was whether you noticed that it
> sounded wrong, or you visually saw that they were playing a different
> set of chords.

  In a video I watched, it sounded different. Better. Then I looked which
chords it was using.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message