POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Abject failure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Abject failure (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Abject failure
Date: 13 Sep 2011 11:21:10
Message: <4e6f74e6@news.povray.org>
Am 13.09.2011 13:39, schrieb Invisible:
> Tangentially related, but: Do *not* read failblog while eating. >_<

Epic eating fail? :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 13 Sep 2011 13:20:56
Message: <4e6f90f8$1@news.povray.org>

> I asked Wolfram Alpha about "KCN". You know, the chemical formula for
> potassium cyanide?
>
> It thinks I mean the gene family. Which is kind of the problem with a
> system that knows about everything and has no context to disambiguate
> what you actually meant.
>
> So I asked about "chemical KCN".
>
> "Using the closest input interpretation: moon water."
>
> "Is there water on the moon? Yes."
>
> ...WTF?

Is Wolfram Alpha case sencitive?
If yes, try KCn instead.
Alternatively, you ask using the full name: "potassium cyanide". Don't
forget the quotes.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 13 Sep 2011 13:45:33
Message: <4e6f96bd$1@news.povray.org>

> I wanted to look up the LaTeX command for the "hearts" card suit.
>
> Pro tip: Do *not* Google for "latex hearts"! o_O

What's the problem?

I get lots of hits for heart shaped latex baloons, some Valentine themed
sites, and also some hits about a "Latex Hearts" song by the
Menstruating Orchid band... And it's with "SafeSearch" unactive.

I get some nipple patches around page 17

But nothing LaTeX related.

Post a reply to this message

> I wanted to look up the LaTeX command for the "hearts" card suit.
>
> Pro tip: Do *not* Google for "latex hearts"! o_O

Googling body parts and/or medical terms is always risky.

> I asked Wolfram Alpha about "KCN". You know, the chemical formula for
> potassium cyanide?

no

> It thinks I mean the gene family. Which is kind of the problem with a
> system that knows about everything and has no context to disambiguate
> what you actually meant.
>
> So I asked about "chemical KCN".
>
> "Using the closest input interpretation: moon water."
>
> "Is there water on the moon? Yes."
>
> ...WTF?

clearly we're still a long way from HAL, Wintermute or Agent Smith...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message