POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  Data transfer (Message 156 to 165 of 195)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Data transfer
Date: 16 Sep 2011 06:03:43
Message: <4e731eff$1@news.povray.org>
Le 16/09/2011 10:24, Invisible a écrit :
> Actually Windows is getting better at not needing to be rebooted either.

Told me... this morning security update did insist on reboot.
As usual!

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 16 Sep 2011 06:06:18
Message: <4e731f9a$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/09/2011 11:03 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 16/09/2011 10:24, Invisible a écrit :
>> Actually Windows is getting better at not needing to be rebooted either.
>
> Told me... this morning security update did insist on reboot.
> As usual!

Sure. But that's because it's probably replacing bits of the OS kernel,
or at the very least it's replacing widely-used system libraries, and
the simplest way to handle that is to just reboot.

I can install an AV product and not need to reboot. (Very useful for
fileservers!) I can install .NET, or Office, or VisualStudio, and not
need to reboot. I can install all kinds of stuff, and mostly I don't
need to reboot. Sometimes you still do, but it used to be any installing
or uninstalling *anything* always required a reboot.

Post a reply to this message