POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fools Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Fools (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Invisible
Subject: Fools
Date: 2 Sep 2011 08:38:27
Message: <4e60ce43$1@news.povray.org>
Everybody runs their stuff over HTTP, even if it's wholly inappropriate,
because HTTP goes through all firewalls.

You probably thought this sad state of affairs was merely a de facto
standard. But no. It's actually formally defined in RFC 3093.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3093

Post a reply to this message

> Everybody runs their stuff over HTTP, even if it's wholly inappropriate,
> because HTTP goes through all firewalls.
>
> You probably thought this sad state of affairs was merely a de facto
> standard. But no. It's actually formally defined in RFC 3093.
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3093

So firewall providers will just have to turn on deep packet inspection
and we're back to square one.

On 02/09/2011 01:56 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:

>> Everybody runs their stuff over HTTP, even if it's wholly inappropriate,
>> because HTTP goes through all firewalls.
>>
>> You probably thought this sad state of affairs was merely a de facto
>> standard. But no. It's actually formally defined in RFC 3093.
>>
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3093
>
> So firewall providers will just have to turn on deep packet inspection
> and we're back to square one.

There's a fix for that too:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3514

Post a reply to this message

> On 02/09/2011 01:56 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:

>>> Everybody runs their stuff over HTTP, even if it's wholly inappropriate,
>>> because HTTP goes through all firewalls.
>>>
>>> You probably thought this sad state of affairs was merely a de facto
>>> standard. But no. It's actually formally defined in RFC 3093.
>>>
>>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3093
>>
>> So firewall providers will just have to turn on deep packet inspection
>> and we're back to square one.
>
> There's a fix for that too:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3514

Uh-huh.

Look at the date it was submitted.

Network Working Group                                        S. Bellovin
Request for Comments: 3514                            AT&T Labs Research
Category: Informational                                     1 April 2003

On 02/09/2011 02:03 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:

>>> So firewall providers will just have to turn on deep packet inspection
>>> and we're back to square one.
>>
>> There's a fix for that too:
>>
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3514
>
> Uh-huh.
>
> Look at the date it was submitted.

You realise that I even put "fools" right there in the subject line,
right? :-P