POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Zip cracking Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Zip cracking (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Invisible
Subject: Zip cracking
Date: 1 Sep 2011 05:37:34
Message: <4e5f525e$1@news.povray.org>
http://math.ucr.edu/~mike/zipattacks.pdf

If I'm reading this right, it says that Zip files using the default
DEFLATE compression and the default password-protect mechanism can be
decrypted on a 500MHz Pentium-II in a few hours. (In particular, that
you can use flaws in the algorithm to figure out the decryption key,
*without* needing to run a password cracker.)

If that's true... is there some software somewhere which implements this??

Post a reply to this message