POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sysadmin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:10 EDT (-0400)
  Sysadmin (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Invisible
Subject: Sysadmin
Date: 31 Aug 2011 05:47:04
Message: <4e5e0318$1@news.povray.org>
Today I'm playing a new computer game. Unlike other games, people *pay
you* to play this game. It's called "system administrator". It's an
action puzzler. If you manage to solve all the puzzles within the
allotted time, the server performs a successful data backup.

It's quite hard though. Also, "boss fight" takes on a whole new level of
seriousness... o_O

I don't think I like this game much. :-/

Post a reply to this message

> Today I'm playing a new computer game. Unlike other games, people *pay
> you* to play this game. It's called "system administrator". It's an
> action puzzler. If you manage to solve all the puzzles within the
> allotted time, the server performs a successful data backup.
>
> It's quite hard though. Also, "boss fight" takes on a whole new level of
> seriousness... o_O
>
> I don't think I like this game much. :-/

I'm currently playing that game too.  In fact I'm on the same level as
you are.

For some reason the incremental backup for my 70GB Oracle DB says it
needs 459GB to run...  And since I only have a runtime Oracle licence, I
can't just tell it to drop its 225GB transaction log and start from
scratch.  :(

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:47:03 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Today I'm playing a new computer game. Unlike other games, people *pay
> you* to play this game. It's called "system administrator". It's an
> action puzzler. If you manage to solve all the puzzles within the
> allotted time, the server performs a successful data backup.
>
> It's quite hard though. Also, "boss fight" takes on a whole new level of
> seriousness... o_O
>
> I don't think I like this game much. :-/

There's a cheat code for that. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> It's quite hard though. Also, "boss fight" takes on a whole new level of
>> seriousness... o_O
>>
>> I don't think I like this game much. :-/
>
> There's a cheat code for that. ;)

IDKFA.

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 08:57:19 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> It's quite hard though. Also, "boss fight" takes on a whole new level
>>> of seriousness... o_O
>>>
>>> I don't think I like this game much. :-/
>>
>> There's a cheat code for that. ;)
>
> IDKFA.

Ah, you've heard of it. :)

Jim