POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  The other OS (Message 91 to 100 of 130)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: The other OS
Date: 8 Aug 2011 13:32:19
Message: <4e401da3$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/08/2011 2:31 PM, Warp wrote:
> Le_Forgeron<lef### [at] freefr>  wrote:
>> Let's face it:
>> * vi is a text editor.
>> * emacs is an elisp based monster which happen to also be a text editor
>> by default (but it can be your mail reader, and far more, including your
>> navigation shell)
>> * other programs daring to be titled "text editor" are just lacking a
>> lot of functionalities and are at best replacement for Notepad.
>
>    Real programmers use edlin anyways.

But must only use two fingers. ;-)

I just checked and Edlin is not included in Win7 64 bit.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Aug 2011 13:34:11
Message: <4e401e13@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 09:31:50 -0400, Warp wrote:

>   Real programmers use edlin anyways.

Pah, edlin.  Real programmers use copy con: ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 8 Aug 2011 13:36:02
Message: <4e401e82$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/8/2011 10:32, Stephen wrote:
> I just checked and Edlin is not included in Win7 64 bit.

Ah, the end of an era. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Aug 2011 13:55:17
Message: <4e402305$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/08/2011 5:11 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 8/8/2011 3:37, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Oh, Google helps you find *millions* of hex editors. Which all cost
>> money.
>> And, from the look of their product websites, I suspect about 80% of them
>> are actually trojans.
>
> Fine. Here's a free one I've been carrying around since 1999 or so.
>
> Alternately, google for "freeware hex editor" and take your pick. :-)
> There's probably a bunch much nicer than this one, but since I need a
> hex editor about once every 3 years, this does for me.

I tried it (I trust you) and it behaves strangely under Win7 64 bit.
When I tried to resize the window I couldn't and the window "jumped" to
the far left of my screen. (I have the taskbar on the left and it went
below it.) Also when dragged it moved in steps. Strange!

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message