POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  The other OS (Message 61 to 70 of 130)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: The other OS
Date: 8 Aug 2011 06:36:21
Message: <4e3fbc25@news.povray.org>
On 05/08/2011 04:05 PM, Warp wrote:
> Orchid XP v8<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> My text editor allows you to *display* the line ends, so you can
>> visually see which lines end with LF, which ones are CR, and also
>> arbitrary combinations thereof. It can also display other non-printing
>> characters if you wish (which is sometimes useful).
>
>    I have emacs set so that it shows whitespaces at the end of lines with
> blue background.

I have my editor set to automatically strip such whitespaces. (And to
add an extra blank line to the end of the file if one is not already
present.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Aug 2011 06:37:26
Message: <4e3fbc66$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/08/2011 09:02 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 8/5/2011 0:35, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Now that might actually be useful. I've yet to find any hex editors.
>
> There's this cool technology that was invented a few years that helps
> you find things. You may have heard of it. ;-)

Oh, Google helps you find *millions* of hex editors. Which all cost
money. And, from the look of their product websites, I suspect about 80%
of them are actually trojans.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/