POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You what? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  You what? (Message 1 to 10 of 118)
From: Invisible
Subject: You what?
Date: 8 Jul 2011 05:08:58
Message: <4e16c92a@news.povray.org>
A pretty little raven at the bird band stand
Taught them how to do the bop, and it was grand.
They started going steady, and bless my soul,
He out-bopped the buzzard and the oreo.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can determine, an "oreo"
is an obscure brand of biscuit. So... WTF?

Post a reply to this message

> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can determine, an "oreo"
> is an obscure brand of biscuit. So... WTF?

  I'm not sure what is more puzzling, your seeming inability to do an
online dictionary search, or your eagerness to admit it publicly.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can determine, an "oreo"
>> is an obscure brand of biscuit. So... WTF?
>
>    I'm not sure what is more puzzling, your seeming inability to do an
> online dictionary search, or your eagerness to admit it publicly.

And how do you think I know it's a kind of biscuit? :-P

Post a reply to this message

> >> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can determine, an "oreo"
> >> is an obscure brand of biscuit. So... WTF?
> >
> >    I'm not sure what is more puzzling, your seeming inability to do an
> > online dictionary search, or your eagerness to admit it publicly.

> And how do you think I know it's a kind of biscuit? :-P

  Not from an online dictionary, at least. (Google != dictionary.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> A pretty little raven at the bird band stand
> Taught them how to do the bop, and it was grand.
> They started going steady, and bless my soul,
> He out-bopped the buzzard and the oreo.
>
> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can determine, an "oreo"
> is an obscure brand of biscuit. So... WTF?

*Correct* lyric:
"... the buzzard and the *oriole*."

Avian theme integrity maintained.  ;-)

Best Regards,
Mike C.

Post a reply to this message

>> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can determine, an "oreo"
>> is an obscure brand of biscuit. So... WTF?
>
> *Correct* lyric:
> "... the buzzard and the *oriole*."
>
> Avian theme integrity maintained.  ;-)

OK, so what the heck is... oh, that's interesting... there's actually a
kind of bird called an oriole. In fact, *two* kinds, one in the Old
World and one in the New World. I wonder which one the song refers to?

Post a reply to this message

> A pretty little raven at the bird band stand
> Taught them how to do the bop, and it was grand.
> They started going steady, and bless my soul,
> He out-bopped the buzzard and the oreo.
>
> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can determine, an "oreo"
> is an obscure brand of biscuit. So... WTF?

not simply an obscure brand:  a very delicious one.

Oh, and BTW, those verses... yeah, I can now understand why you can't stand
poetry if such obtuse lines are all you can grasp of it...

Post a reply to this message

> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can determine, an "oreo"
> is an obscure brand of biscuit. So... WTF?

How can you call Oreo an "obscure brand of biscuit"?!?!
It's probably one of the most archetypal biscuit you can find, toggether
with the Whipet ;P

Post a reply to this message

>> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can determine, an "oreo"
>> is an obscure brand of biscuit. So... WTF?
>
> How can you call Oreo an "obscure brand of biscuit"?!?!
> It's probably one of the most archetypal biscuit you can find, toggether
> with the Whipet ;P

Do you live in Quebec?  Around here I'm only used to "whippet" referring
either to the dog or to getting high on nitrous oxide from whipped cream
containers.

Post a reply to this message

> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can determine, an
"oreo" is an obscure brand of biscuit.

Between this and "die," I'm thinking we must have grown up on different
planets.

  - Slime