POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You what? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  You what? (Message 89 to 98 of 118)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: You what?
Date: 16 Jul 2011 11:55:30
Message: <4E21B473.5000501@gmail.com>
On 15-7-2011 3:02, Stephen wrote:
> On 14/07/2011 9:07 PM, andrel wrote:
>> As far as understandable lyrics go I am still huge fan of Eric Bogle.
>> A song with some relation to this topic:
>> http://ericbogle.net/lyrics/lyricspdf/sillyslangsong.pdf
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOdHNGG9yWU
>
> Thanks Andrel, I liked that.

I though about asking if you were a Scot...

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 16 Jul 2011 11:55:34
Message: <4E21B477.1080807@gmail.com>
On 16-7-2011 16:03, Stephen wrote:

> Sometimes I get disapproval because I am a Scot living in London. (From
> fellow Scots, that is.

... but you answered that yourself

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jul 2011 13:48:07
Message: <4e21ced7$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/16/2011 5:38, Warp wrote:
>    I assume that with black people it's some kind of pride thing, and with
> white people it's traditional racism?

Yes.  Being an oreo to whites is not "oh, look, he's trying to better
himself" either. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Jul 2011 06:44:54
Message: <4e22bd26$1@news.povray.org>
>> No reason at all, at all. But that is what people are like.
>
>    I wish people acted more rationally about these things.

That's gotta be right up there with "imagine all the people living in
peace". And the guy who wrote that got assassinated...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> As far as understandable lyrics go I am still huge fan of Eric Bogle.
>>> A song with some relation to this topic:
>>> http://ericbogle.net/lyrics/lyricspdf/sillyslangsong.pdf
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOdHNGG9yWU
>>
>> Thanks Andrel, I liked that.
>
> I though about asking if you were a Scot...

And did you?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 16/07/2011 6:48 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 7/16/2011 5:38, Warp wrote:
>> I assume that with black people it's some kind of pride thing, and with
>> white people it's traditional racism?
>
> Yes. Being an oreo to whites is not "oh, look, he's trying to better
> himself" either. :-)

LOL
Has anyone told you that you can be cruel?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Sometimes I get disapproval because I am a Scot living in London. (From
>> fellow Scots, that is.
>
> .... but you answered that yourself

You are just teasing Warp, now.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Sometimes I get disapproval because I am a Scot living in London.
>
>    I can't even begin to imagine the reasoning behind that. :)

I wouldn't dare put it in writing.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 16/07/2011 6:48 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 7/16/2011 5:38, Warp wrote:
>>> I assume that with black people it's some kind of pride thing, and with
>>> white people it's traditional racism?
>>
>> Yes. Being an oreo to whites is not "oh, look, he's trying to better
>> himself" either. :-)
>>

> LOL
> Has anyone told you that you can be cruel?

Cruel would be including the word "uppity". ;-)

On 18/07/2011 6:44 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 7/17/2011 20:46, Stephen wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes. Being an oreo to whites is not "oh, look, he's trying to better
>>> himself" either. :-)
>>>

>> LOL
>> Has anyone told you that you can be cruel?
>>

> Cruel would be including the word "uppity". ;-)

Yup! :-)

--
Regards
     Stephen