POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Javascript web charting Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Javascript web charting (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Reuben Pearse
Subject: Javascript web charting
Date: 29 Jun 2011 12:25:24
Message: <4e0b51f4$1@news.povray.org>

http://g.raphaeljs.com/

Would be keen to hear from anyone who has any experience with this.

What other open-source graphics libraries have people used for web charting?

Thanks in advance

Reuben

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Javascript web charting
Date: 30 Jun 2011 03:01:00
Message: <4e0c1f2c$1@news.povray.org>
Le 29/06/2011 18:25, Reuben Pearse a écrit :
> Has anyone used the gRaphaël—JavaScript Library?
>
> http://g.raphaeljs.com/
>
> Would be keen to hear from anyone who has any experience with this.
>
> What other open-source graphics libraries have people used for web
> charting?

I'm weak, I went the way of flash for charting, using open flash chart 2
( http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart-2/ )

My data usually are in a SQL database, so the ploting has to load a json
"page". I wonder if there is a way for that in your javascript ?
(all demo seem to use static data)
I would be glad to replace the flash with javascript, if possible.

The current documentation for gRaphael seems to be nearly none: reading
the js itself is not a documentation. Lack a good tutorial.

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.

Post a reply to this message

> Le 29/06/2011 18:25, Reuben Pearse a écrit :
>> Has anyone used the gRaphaël—JavaScript Library?
>>
>> http://g.raphaeljs.com/
>>
>> Would be keen to hear from anyone who has any experience with this.
>>
>> What other open-source graphics libraries have people used for web
>> charting?
>
> I'm weak, I went the way of flash for charting, using open flash chart 2
> ( http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart-2/ )
>
> My data usually are in a SQL database, so the ploting has to load a json
> "page". I wonder if there is a way for that in your javascript ?
> (all demo seem to use static data)
> I would be glad to replace the flash with javascript, if possible.
>
> The current documentation for gRaphael seems to be nearly none: reading
> the js itself is not a documentation. Lack a good tutorial.

Thanks for the feedback. Open Flash Chart looks really good!