POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Excellent free SF book Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Excellent free SF book (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Darren New
Subject: Excellent free SF book
Date: 6 Jun 2011 22:17:25
Message: <4ded8a35@news.povray.org>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerando_%28novel%29

I finished reading this over the vacation. It was really good. Fairly hard
SF with speculations of technical singularity, post-scarcity economics,
cyberpunk simulated humans, etc.

And free, btw. http://craphound.com/down/?page_id=1625

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Excellent free SF book
Date: 7 Jun 2011 03:01:03
Message: <4dedccaf$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/06/2011 3:17 AM, Darren New wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerando_%28novel%29
>
> I finished reading this over the vacation. It was really good. Fairly
> hard SF with speculations of technical singularity, post-scarcity
> economics, cyberpunk simulated humans, etc.
>
> And free, btw. http://craphound.com/down/?page_id=1625

Charles Stross, currently one of my favourite authors. I'm reading Iron
Sunrise just now.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 07/06/2011 3:17 AM, Darren New wrote:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerando_%28novel%29
> >
> > I finished reading this over the vacation. It was really good. Fairly
> > hard SF with speculations of technical singularity, post-scarcity
> > economics, cyberpunk simulated humans, etc.
> >
> > And free, btw. http://craphound.com/down/?page_id=1625
>
> Charles Stross, currently one of my favourite authors. I'm reading Iron
> Sunrise just now.

Aha! I'll have to check this out, I like him too. I've only read Singularity Sky
and Halting State, quite both different (I see Iron Sunrise follows on from SS).

Bill

Post a reply to this message