POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tandem Sighting Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  Tandem Sighting (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Tandem Sighting
Date: 31 May 2011 08:56:20
Message: <4de4e574$1@news.povray.org>
Was up at 4:30 this AM hoping to get one last view of the ISS/Endeavor
configuration and to my surprise they had already separated from one
another. They were about a fists width apart (at arms length) Endeavor
in the lead. I always bring my binoculars, so I decided to have a look.
I was able to make out the bottom shape of the shuttle ... it's going
west to east so the heat shield had plenty of sunrise bouncing off it to
make it stand out.

Post a reply to this message

Am 31.05.2011 14:56, schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> Was up at 4:30 this AM hoping to get one last view of the ISS/Endeavor
> configuration and to my surprise they had already separated from one
> another. They were about a fists width apart (at arms length) Endeavor
> in the lead. I always bring my binoculars, so I decided to have a look.
> I was able to make out the bottom shape of the shuttle ... it's going
> west to east so the heat shield had plenty of sunrise bouncing off it to
> make it stand out.

There's something special about such scenes. I once had the occasion to
see the ISS and shuttle orbiter shortly before docking. Even if it's
man-made, there's some kind of holy touch to it, if you know what I mean.