POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Weirdest Wikipedia image Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Weirdest Wikipedia image (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Weirdest Wikipedia image
Date: 29 May 2011 17:43:34
Message: <4de2be06@news.povray.org>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hippocampus_and_seahorse_cropped.JPG

Yes, that's correct. This is a piece of a human brain, displayed next to
a seahorse. WTF?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Weirdest Wikipedia image
Date: 29 May 2011 19:14:43
Message: <4de2d363$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.05.2011 23:43, schrieb Orchid XP v8:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hippocampus_and_seahorse_cropped.JPG
>
> Yes, that's correct. This is a piece of a human brain, displayed next to
> a seahorse. WTF?

A look at the "File links" section might have helped you answering that
(rhethorical?) question yourself ;-)

See also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocampus#Name
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocampus_%28disambiguation%29

In a nutshell, the medical term Hippocampus is derived from the
zoological term for seahorse fish.

Post a reply to this message

> Yes, that's correct. This is a piece of a human brain, displayed next to
> a seahorse. WTF?
>
> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

And they dont even look alike! :p

Hippo BTW means horse.  Yep, a hippopotamus was thought of as a fat horse.

Post a reply to this message