POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Understanding Fourier transform Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Understanding Fourier transform (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Darren New
Subject: Understanding Fourier transform
Date: 17 May 2011 12:39:20
Message: <4dd2a4b8$1@news.povray.org>
http://altdevblogaday.org/2011/05/17/understanding-the-fourier-transform/

That makes sense.

The way I had it explained to me what the transform does is that you take
the polygon described as (x,y) pairs, and what the transform gives you back
is the a_n in the a_0*x^0 + a_1*x^1 + a_2*x^2 = 0 formula. That's why I
could never figure out how it was picking out frequencies and such.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message