POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : USB Camera.. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:44 EDT (-0400)
  USB Camera.. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: USB Camera..
Date: 10 May 2011 18:00:54
Message: <4dc9b596$1@news.povray.org>
Got this thing from the Mycokerewards people. After a bloody stupid
amount of time digging around I finally worked out that its based on the
newer Etron eSP568 chipset (Older models are PID_100 and PID_101, which
correspond to the eSP268 and eSP168?, this chipset shows as PID_102).

So.. Anyone have a driver for this thing, or know of software (for
Windows) that properly supports it?

Yeah, I know, the windows drivers can run the camera. That isn't the
issue. Its got LED lights, for use at night, and some sort of shutter
button on the top. The standard driver and libraries do not support
these added functions. As far as I can tell, they probably don't support
the improvements in the chipset for this things either. Basically, it
came in a small box, with no manual, no drivers, no software, nothing..

Mind, I have no idea if just knowing the chipset, and having a driver
for that, will help. But, it just annoys me that I can't use everything
on this thing, even if I got it for next to nothing. Figure, maybe
someone here has run across a driver. The forum I previously tried to
hunt up info on it through hasn't even bothered to respond to a question
on the subject. And, its not like I could get anything out of Coke that
I haven't hunted up myself, even if their bloody web form wasn't screwed
up, so emailing them is impossible.

Post a reply to this message

On 05/10/2011 07:00 PM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> And, its not like I could get anything out of Coke

... that's why i drink pepsi ;-)