POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google sketchup Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Google sketchup (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Darren New
Subject: Google sketchup
Date: 8 May 2011 16:25:40
Message: <4dc6fc44$1@news.povray.org>
I just watched the first tutorial video after finding out it actually can
export to something I can use. Wow, that's exactly the sort of UI I've
always thought a 3D tool should have. None of this "manipulate the object in
ways that makes sense for our internal representation."  I'll definitely
have to try this out.
--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

> I just watched the first tutorial video after finding out it actually
> can export to something I can use. Wow, that's exactly the sort of UI
> I've always thought a 3D tool should have. None of this "manipulate the
> object in ways that makes sense for our internal representation." I'll
> definitely have to try this out.

That was more or less my reaction, yes.

You will quickly discover that while it makes certain types of model
very easy, anything moderately complicated is still impossible. (Despite
what all those YouTube videos of people drawing complex machinery might
lead you to believe...)

Post a reply to this message