POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spring? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Spring? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Spring?
Date: 20 Apr 2011 17:10:55
Message: <4daf4bdf$1@news.povray.org>
OK ... so you've heard the old saying that it always rains just after
you wash the car ... well in Canada it always snows just after you swap
out the snow blower with the mower deck. Holy crap ... I'm sick of
winter ... almost the end of April and freakin' snow &%^$#@!

Post a reply to this message

On 20/04/2011 10:10 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> OK ... so you've heard the old saying that it always rains just after
> you wash the car ... well in Canada it always snows just after you swap
> out the snow blower with the mower deck. Holy crap ... I'm sick of
> winter ... almost the end of April and freakin' snow &%^$#@!

cast ne'er a clout till May be out.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> OK ... so you've heard the old saying that it always rains just after
> you wash the car ... well in Canada it always snows just after you swap
> out the snow blower with the mower deck. Holy crap ... I'm sick of
> winter ... almost the end of April and freakin' snow &%^$#@!

  Snow rulez.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> OK ... so you've heard the old saying that it always rains just after
> you wash the car ... well in Canada it always snows just after you swap
> out the snow blower with the mower deck. Holy crap ... I'm sick of
> winter ... almost the end of April and freakin' snow &%^$#@!

I understand. Here in "beautiful" Michigan, we just had a full-fledged snow
storm on April 19th! Thus the two following sayings:

"In Michigan, the Easter Bunny is a shoeshoe hare".

and

"Michigan has four wonderful seasons: Winter, June, July and August."

Best Regards,
(and warmest wishes)

Mike C.

Post a reply to this message

> On 20/04/2011 10:10 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> OK ... so you've heard the old saying that it always rains just after
>> you wash the car ... well in Canada it always snows just after you swap
>> out the snow blower with the mower deck. Holy crap ... I'm sick of
>> winter ... almost the end of April and freakin' snow &%^$#@!
>
> cast ne'er a clout till May be out.

Then, you get hit by a May snow storm :(

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 23 Apr 2011 09:14:44
Message: <4db2d0c4$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/21/2011 11:55 AM, Mike the Elder wrote:
> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:
>> OK ... so you've heard the old saying that it always rains just after
>> you wash the car ... well in Canada it always snows just after you swap
>> out the snow blower with the mower deck. Holy crap ... I'm sick of
>> winter ... almost the end of April and freakin' snow&%^$#@!
>
> I understand. Here in "beautiful" Michigan, we just had a full-fledged snow
> storm on April 19th! Thus the two following sayings:
>
> "In Michigan, the Easter Bunny is a shoeshoe hare".
>
> and
>
> "Michigan has four wonderful seasons: Winter, June, July and August."

Around here it goes something like, two seasons ... Winter and poor
sledding ;-) ... but really from mid June to late August aren't too
shabby imho

Another fav ... If you don't like the weather, wait 15min and check again.

Funny how many ism's like that there are about the weather.

Jim